Recent high profile privacy issues, ‘near misses’ and technological advances have highlighted the need for increased viligence by organisations including law firms. Aside from legal compliance, having a practical understanding of privacy and robust information security processes is one of the best ways to gain the trust and confidence of your clients and customers. Your organisation will also minimise its legal and reputational risk.
Topics covered will include:
- What is a privacy framework and why is it important
- What are the strict legal obligations?
- What kind of issues can arise for lawyers in relation to confidentiality and privacy?
- Hear about some real-life case studies and how they unfolded
- What can go wrong and what do you do if it does?
- Practical tips to minimise risk to your organisation.
After this webinar you will:
- Have a greater awareness of your privacy obligations and what can go wrong.
- Know the steps to take to implement (or review) your privacy framework including privacy policies and statements.
- Have a checklist to guide you through the setting up of a privacy framework and some troubleshooting tips.
Who should attend
Anyone in a law firm, especially those responsible for privacy. Administrators, solicitors, sole practitioners, in-house lawyers, privacy officers.
- Charlotte Walker, Senior Solicitor Regulatory, New Zealand Law Society, Wellington
A background booklet prepared by the presenter will be sent to you before the webinar along with the PowerPoint slides.
Fee (Incl GST)
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
- Webinar - 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Registration closes - 3.00pm, Monday 21 August 2017
Download full brochure here.
Attendance at the live webinar
Registration but non-attendance on the day
- If you attended the live webinar, you will receive an electronic certificate of attendance as verification for your CPD records.
- You can view and hear the presentation again, as many times as you wish in your own time for no additional cost.
- Under the CPD Scheme only those who attend a live webinar are eligible to claim CPD hours.
- If you registered but were unable to attend on the day, you can view and hear the archived recording of the presentation.
Cancellation and refund policy
Since the webinar is available to registrants as an archive after the live presentation, there is no cancellation – we just transfer your user status as a registrant from the live presentation to a purchaser of the webinar package of recorded webinar, PowerPoints and booklet.