First home buyers are increasingly turning to their parents for support in gaining a foothold in the housing market. This seminar will consider some of the options and structures available for your clients when financially supporting their children into homes, or receiving support, and matters to be aware of to help protect everyone. Choosing the best structure for parents will be dependent on the practitioner having a clear understanding of the particular circumstances, assessing the risks of conflicts and the type of property.
This seminar will include:
- An exploration of the options that are available to parents in structuring parental support for first home buyers
- Advice on safeguarding the structure that has been put in place through comprehensive documentation with the assessment of conflict of interest issues
- The bank’s expectation of practitioners when they are acting for the various parties to the transaction, particularly given responsible lending rules
- A banking perspective on the lending and security options available for parental support
- An overview of some of the affordability / credit assessment processes banks have in place
- Discussion of the Reserve Bank Loan to Value Ratio restrictions.
After attending this seminar you will:
- Be better equipped to provide clients with robust advice when they are assisting their children into homes.
- Have a greater understanding of banks’ requirements in these situations.
Who should attend
Property and finance specialists, general practitioners, and those whose practices involve liaison with banks and settling transactions on a regular basis.
Live Web Stream
This seminar is available via live web stream, direct to your computer. Click here to find out more about web streaming.
Please note: Live Web Stream registrations close 12pm, 23 May 2017.
A short paper, in PDF format, together with a copy of the powerpoint presentation will be emailed out prior to the seminar.
- 4.00pm - 6.00pm (tea and coffee available on arrival)
Fee (incl GST)
- $115 - NZLS members and Associate members
- $165 - Non-members
Do you want to register more than one person for this course? Click here
Download registration form
|Live Web Stream
Senior Counsel, ANZ Bank, Tauranga
Cushla is a Senior Counsel with ANZ Bank (NZ) Limited, with nearly 17 years’ experience advising a wide range of the bank’s Retail and Business divisions, including Mortgage Products, Lending Services and Credit Assessment teams.
Head of Mortgages, ANZ Bank, Wellington
Glenn is Head of Mortgages for ANZ Bank (NZ) Limited. He has over 20 years experience in banking and financial services, particularly in funds management and investments. In his current role, Glenn is responsible for the end to end product management of ANZ’s mortgage business.
Partner, Morrison Kent, Auckland
Bryce is a Partner in the Auckland Office of Morrison Kent. He has over 30 years experience in both commercial and private client property work. Bryce is also the current Convenor for the Auckland District Law Society’s Property Law Committee and has been for the last 8 years. In that role, he has participated in numerous stakeholder consultations with Government Departments and the preparation and presentation of submissions to Parliamentary Select Committees for property related legislation.
Cancellation and refund policy
If written notice of cancellation of a registration arrives before the day of the seminar we will refund the registration fee, less an administration fee of $40. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute - to correctly assign CPD credit, CLE must be notified in advance. NZLS CLE Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars if necessary.